In India, 5 September is celebrated as Teachers’ Day to pay tribute to the contribution made by teachers in the society.
On 5 September a great teacher, Dr Sarvepalli is the birth anniversary of Radhakrishnan, a staunch believer in education and a noted diplomat, scholar, President of India and above all a teacher.
Which year was the first Teacher’s Day celebrated?
In particular, Drs. Radhakrishnan was appreciated by many of his students, who after becoming President in 1962 asked him if he could celebrate his birthday as ‘Radhakrishnan Day’.
He replied, “Instead of celebrating my birthday, it would be my proud privilege if September 5 is celebrated as Teachers’ Day.”
And so, the first teacher’s day in India was celebrated on 5 September 1962.
What week is Teacher Appreciation Week?
Teacher Appreciation Week is celebrated every year during the first full week of May. In 2020, it is May 4-8.
Is it Teacher Appreciation Day today?
Also called National Teacher’s Day, it falls on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, in Teacher Appreciation Week.
What do you say on Teacher Appreciation Day?
Seeing everything they do for their students, finding the right words to thank a teacher is quite a task. Whether you are a parent who wants to express gratitude for the light in their child’s heart, or you are a student yourself, we would like to help you extinguish that fire with some encouraging phrases, quotes and gift ideas. . To thank a teacher.
When thinking about the best way to thank a teacher, consider whether what they did was extraordinary or above the call of duty. Have they changed the way you think about something? Did they inspire some new academic discovery or activity? What will you do when you look back years from now?
Write a Thank You Note
Of course, there are many ways to say, “Thank you, teacher.” Here are some options for phrases to start your note:
- I love you because of you … (writing, reading, science)
- You gave me the power to take the next step towards my dream … (acting, writing, college enrollment)
- I am very grateful that you were my teacher (or my child’s teacher).
- Thank you for hugging me.
- Your positivity and encouragement brightened my days.
- You made me a better, more thoughtful person.
- Your kindness made me feel welcome and comfortable.
- I’ll never forget you
- You helped me see that I could be more.
- You convinced me (or my son or daughter) to dream big.
- Thank you for your patience throughout this year. It means the world to me.
- It was a difficult semester, but you got me through it!
- You are my best teacher.
- You inspired me to start this new chapter of my life. I could not do it without you.
- I will always remember to be present in your class. you are the best teacher!
Teacher’s Day Gifts Will Surely Impress Your Teacher
Handmade Teacher’s Day Card: Handmade Teacher’s Day Greeting Card is an excellent idea that can express your feelings. Students can think about hand painting and paper cutting. Take your time to make a hand made teacher’s day card that can speak for you. It should also be mindful to write a long personal message about your teacher on the greeting card.
Teacher’s Day Card Design: The theme and design of the card are the first things that come to mind. So never go wrong with it and choose the right theme. Students can also design Teacher’s Day greeting cards based on the subject and the teacher’s area of interest.
At the very outset, I would like to thank my esteemed teachers for being involved in this program and thank all other non-teaching staff for spending their valuable time with us. I heartily welcome everyone to this festival.
Teacher Appreciation Quotes
With your words to thank a teacher, you may want to include a thoughtful quote to explain what they do for you. If you write a handwritten card, one of these quotes might sound good:
- “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” – Darwin D. Martin
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Brooks Adams
- “Sunday is a teacher’s rest day: the rest of the laundry, the rest of the housework and the rest of the papers.” – Heidi Macdonald
- “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnet of curiosity, knowledge and intelligence in students.” – Ever Garrison
- “Most of us end up with five or more people who remember us. There are thousands of people in the teachers who remember them for the rest of their lives.” – Andy Rooney
- “The curriculum contains much-needed raw materials, but heat is an important element that grows a child’s soul.” – Carl Jung
- “When the teacher is ready, the student will disappear. When the student is really ready … the teacher will disappear.” – Lao Tzu
- “The average teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The best teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts influence the fate of the Earth.” – Helen Caldicott
- “Good teachers make the best through the pupil; Great teachers leave the ends of the pupil.” – Maria Callas
- “A good teacher’s test is not how many questions he can ask his students how easily they will answer, but how many questions prompt them to ask that they find it difficult to answer.” – Alice Wellington Rollins
- “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
- “Education is the passport of the future, for those who prepare for tomorrow.” – Malcolm X
- “A child, a teacher, a pen and a book can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “The meaning of life is to discover its gift. The purpose of life is to overcome it.” – Pablo Picasso
If time does not allow you to infuse your heart’s feelings with a personal message or create a greeting card for teachers, then, choose a card that works hard for you. A teacher’s day greeting card can browse online or a novelty store that says what you want to say. Students can also think about teacher day quotes.